4/04/2008

Make me a Supermodel. Season 1. Finale - Episode 13 Recap.

Say it ain't so. It's over? Please say it ain't so. I need Ben in my life. Straight or not, I just need him on my screen...

Well, I guess the time has come. "Make me a Supermodel" has ended and it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. Last night we finally got to know who won a contract with New York Model Management, $ 100,000 and a fashion pictorial in GQ magazine by winning "Make me a Supermodel".


The final assignment for the four remaining models, Holly Kiser, Ben DiChiara, Ronnie Kroell Jr. and Perry Ullmann was to get a taste of what a working model's day is like by going through a series of go- sees, but as America had already voted who was going to win, it didn't make much sense.

Brands as Esprit, People's Revolution and Rebecca Beeson had a look at the models and told Jennifer Starr what they thought about each model. Kinda boring, the only fun thing about it was the Ginch Gonch casting where Ronnie and Ben had to present some sexy Ginch Gonch underwear, pretending to be a monkey. The Ginch Gonchers didn't say exactly what they wanted, so Ben decided to be the silly monkey, jumping around with his banana as if he had gotten no sleep for weeks while Ronnie played some kind of a sexual monkey, using the banana more as a phallic symbol. Surprisingly the Ginch Gonch Guys were more impressed by Ronnie. His statement about not being uncomfortable with other guys touching him probably helped a lot. I don't wanna know how all the other Ginch Gonch models got their appointments.

Perry seeemed to be really annoying by constantly talking "over me, talking about himself and what he knows" (Anita Bitton - Establishment Casting) and Holly came across as "being adorable but also being in desperate need of voice lessons." (Linda Godlove - Godlove Casting)

Later that day the models had dinner with Jennifer Starr and Jessica Stam. Does anybody know Jessica Stam? Holly apparently does as she claims to be "her biggest fan", actually knowing that Jessica is from Canada and is in the fashion industry. Wow. That's some shocking information. Personally I don't know her, but as Perry said "I don't know her name but she's gorgeous." And even Ben seemed to have a little crush on her. That's when she lost me. Hooker. Currently I love calling every chick I don't like a hooker.. Thanks do Destiney Moore. She's my hooker...

Next up was a meeting with GQ at GQ's Condé Nast office. As one of the aspiring models would get a pictorial in GQ Magazine they put them all in outfits they had already set up to see how they fit and if the boys (and the tomboy) feel comfortable wearing it. Perry didn't seem to fit into the suits he was supposed wear because of his "difficult fit and his broad shoulders" and Holly just didn't look sexy. PERIOD. They should've kept it that way. In one Lacoste dress she put on she looked kinda cute, but that was it. And just because of that one dress, all of a sudden they were impressed. She still looked like a boy with a stuffed bra to me.

Ronnie delivered by looking great in the Ralph Lauren outfit GQ had chosen for him and Ben "was really fun, having so much personality" but unfortunately was a litte stiff when taking the polaroid.

Back home the finalists got to know that some surprise visitors were on their way to their New York home and the first surprise we got to see before the break was April, Ben's wife. Did I want to see her? HELL NAW! I think she's a cute a cute girl and she even replied to my message on MySpace, but I just don't want to like her since she is the chain that bonds Ben to heterosexuality. Holly's comment same as Ben's reaction were priceless.

Holly: "Divorce papers!"
Ben: "Wuzzzuup!"
April: "I missed you so much, I love you Baby."
Ben: "Loveya2, welcome to New York!"

So April was crying her ass off and the first thing Ben shows her is his "Bronnie"- Shirt he got on the (most boring) reunion show (ever), telling April that Ronnie "is his boy." You know he is, sweetheart, you know it.... April continued to tell Ben that she's "ready for everything to be over and for it to be normal again", but what she didn't know was Ben's plans about moving to New York. Not having seen the reunion sucks, doesn't it? And if all that wasn't fun enough, there comes Ronnie, trying to get them socializing, getting to know April aka The Obstacle. "Awkwaaaard." (Ronnie)

Being single (and happy about it) Ronnie had his adorable Mom visiting, Holly got her fiancé Ray and guess who was coming to see Perry? Britney Amanda! Remember Amanda? The chick that "cuddled" with Adnan Ghalib while her boyfriend was trying to build a foundation for their future? Everybody.... 1, 2, 3.... HOOKER! Unfortunately, dick- driven Perry got hypnotized by Medusa very soon and they reunited. being girlfriend and boyfriend again. I think they deserve each other.

Next I had some weird déja- vù: GROUP HUG! Remember Christian, Rami and... wait... damn, what was her name... Jillian! (thanks Google) group hugging again and again? So annoying. Maybe it's just my desperate need of some physical relationship.

So the time had come, Ronnie, Ben, Holly and Perry had to leave their home of three months, taking away three months of everlasting memories. "We've had so many great times in this room. (You know you did, those bitch*s at BravoTV just edited it out), I'm gonna miss goin' to bed every night and just calling over to Ben..." (Ronnie) What am I supposed to say? Going to bed every night, calling over to some low resolution pic of Ben.

One last time the four finalists had to prepare their catwalk and I actually got teary eyed. And getting teary eyed is not easy when you're stopping the show every 30 seconds to take another screencap. But I did.

Finally it was time for the ultimate decision. "Perry and Holly, one of you is about to leave the catwalk.... Perry, we can not make you a supermodel." Yay.

"Ben and Ronnie. The bromance is over. One of you is going to leave the catwalk right now.... Ben, we can not make you a supermodel." NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Alrighty, so Ronnie has to win to pay our Hawaii home....

"Ronnie and Holly, one of you will be made into a supermodel....... Holly, America has made you into a supermodel! Congratulations!" What the...? What... I mean... what??? America, I thought we were friends? Ah hell naw....

Ronnie didn't even get the chance to say goodbye appropriately as everyone already celebrated Holly's victory the same time all my dreams of moving to Hawaii with Ben and Ronnie were destroyed. Don't know what to say. I dreamed the gay dream until the very last minute and then... *poof*. Argh.

Nevertheless I really enjoyed that show and I am more than glad that I didn't miss one single minute, this bromance was something I needed in my life, inspiring and joyful as it was, making me smile at least once a week. Maybe there'll be a second season and Bronnie, being the two contestants who had improved the most, will be involved in some kinda way?

I'll definitely be watching. I'll miss you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Unknown said...

useful link best replica bags he has a good point Ysl replica handbags browse around this web-site gucci replica bags

Unknown said...

l1n22o1p75 m1p07u6d89 e1e54v4l03 w1f40h8g76 x7q82b5n98 h9i67y9m62